It has always been the ethos at Denham for all Members and Guests to adopt a ‘Smart Casual’ approach to clothing, including shoes. We would like to take a cue from the phrase itself:
Smart Casual – Smart First And Casual Second
Members and visitors are expected to adhere to the Club’s standards of dress; on the Golf Course, in the Clubhouse and on the Terrace, and in the Dining Room. If the appropriate standards of dress are not adhered to, the individual may be advised to change clothing if they wish to continue to enjoy the Club's facilities on that day.
On the Course and Practice Areas
- Everyone is expected to wear smart attire, appropriate to golf.
- Men’s shirts should have a collar & sleeves and be tucked in.
- Ladies should wear a polo-type shirt with collar, including sleeveless shirts and may leave shirts untucked. Leggings and tops designed for running (eg racer back style) are not considered appropriate.
- Tailored shorts may be worn, but beach/cargo shorts are not considered appropriate.
- Short socks are acceptable, preferably white
- Hats and caps are to be worn the correct way round.
- Blue denim jeans and flip flops are not considered acceptable anywhere at the Club.
Clubhouse And Terrace
- Men may wear long trousers or tailored shorts with or without socks when wearing casual shoes.
- Ladies may wear golf attire, but not blue denim jeans, leggings or flipflops.
- Clean golf shoes and smart, clean ‘trainer’ style shoes (but not running shoes) may be worn in the Bar and on the Terrace, but not in the Dining Room or Sheridan Room.
- Hats and caps are not to be worn in the Clubhouse.
Except for events specifically designated by the General Manager, after 1130 am all users of the Dining Room should change out of golf attire.
- Men should wear a jacket & collared shirt in the Dining Room; ties are preferred but are not required (Ties to be worn for matches at the discretion of the Match Manager). Boys under the age of 18 should look smart but are not required to wear a jacket. Trousers and a non-golfing collared shirt are preferred.
- Ladies should wear something smart.
Use Of Mobile Phones
Please always respect fellow members and guests by limiting the use of mobile phones in their presence. The use of mobile phones for voice communications should take place in the car park and with discretion to avoid disturbing the concentration of players.
The Staff have been instructed to ensure the Dress Code is adhered to at all times